Phone: (+1) 515-322-3968
Connect on LinkedIn
Upper Iowa University • Des Moines, IA
January 2020 – Present
- Provide extensive administrative support for the Teacher Education program.
- Collect and file (paper & electronic) documents relating to the program.
- Assist in tracking requirements for reporting to State of Iowa Dept. of Education.
- Distribute resources to all students and faculty in education.
- Create methods of recording student, instructor and course requirements.
- Build university courses, clinical experiences and student information reports with higher education technology suite, Jenzabar.
- Collect and edit syllabi formatting to meet university standards.
- Initiate student recruitment through various forms of outreach: phone calls, flyers and postcards, email and events.
English First • Guangzhou, China • 2019
- Taught English to diverse groups of students, ages 3-15 years old, in Guangzhou, China in a classroom setting.
- Built positive relationships with and between students in an educational setting to increase learning potential.
- Created new curriculum, detailed lesson plans and differentiated learning materials for teaching English to students of all ages.
- Monitored the learning progress of ~150 students at a time.
- Distributed and graded course assignments, projects and assessments.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH VOLUNTEER
Central Uganda • 2018
- Organized and hosted Info-Sessions about financial planning and organizational techniques for farmers and small business owners.
- Supported the facilitation of a CSA (Community Savings Association).
- Visited and spoke with local farms and community members.
- Created learning materials and resources for students and families.
- Taught English and life skills to elementary-level students.
PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO ASSISTANT
School of Art & Art History • University of Iowa
2017 – 2018
- Managed inventory and student access to photography labs.
- Opened and closed studios for university students (key holder).
- Monitored student activity in studio labs and use of equipment.
- Gained comprehensive knowledge of digital printing, professional digital photography and video cameras, darkroom equipment, film processing and printing, and chemical mixing procedures.
B.A. Studio Art — Conferred May 2018
University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA, USA
Dean’s List Honoree
Student Ambassador and Tour Guide
- Creative Leadership
- Teaching Art, English
- Photography Film, Digital
- Design Graphic, Web, Product, Apparel, Instructional
- Communication Intl Relations, Customer Service
- E-Commerce + Website Management
- G Suite Business, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Apple iWork
- Printmaking: screen-print, monotype, linocut, cyanotype, foil-imaging, image transfer, film 35 – 120mm development & printing
- First Aid, CPR & AED, Updated 2020
- TEFL 120-hour certification, 2019 Non-expiring
- TKT Young Learners Band 4, 2019 Non-expiring
PROJECTS & EVENTS
- 2020 Campaign Designs for Iowa House of Representatives candidate, Jodi Grover
- 2020 The Voyages on Etsy
- 2020 Society6 Artist Society6
- 2020 The Voyages Launched
- 2018 Featured Artist University of Iowa
- 2017 Featured Artist Public Space One Gallery
- 2016 Featured Artist Iowa City Gallery Walk
- 2014-2016 Photographer The Daily Iowan